Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 1:Starting Change

As anyone knows, changing is hard. I have this goal and I'm going straight into it this time. I started out eating right through Weight Watchers Online and did my official weigh-in. Wow, that was depressing, but even more so- inspiring. It gives me the incentive I need to accomplish my small and large weight loss goals. 

I hit the gym at The Pumphouse Gym in Hendersonville.  Its a great place to go, especially when your schedule is crazy. Its 24 hours and always secured. I have to put a passcode and my fingerprint into the exterior machine to enter the gym. That makes me feel safe if I have to go late at night or early in the morning. Anyway, I love the eliptical. Yes, it kicks my butt, but its a great workout. 

Last night, I went to one of my best friends home.  She had two really cool ab machines and during commercials we rotated the ab machines. I loved them and could really feel it working.  Afterwards, we watched one of our favorite shows ever, Biggest Loser.  This show empowers people to get off the couch and move. I guess if there is one thing I have really learned from the show is: Today is the first day of the rest of your life.  Don't wait to start your weight loss journey. START NOW! So here I am.  Change is inevitable in anyone's life whether its age, clothes, electronics, or eating/exercise habits. Its how you think positive and stay around positive support of friends and family that helps make good choices.  Ultimately, it is still my responsibility and my body to change.  Pray that I can overcome these food addiction and start exercise addictions. LOL.

I want to say a special thanks to my friends and family sending me encouraging words yesterday and  a Happy Birthday to my wonderful brother, Matthew (yesterday). Enjoy your day and start moving!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment